Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Times A Comin

So I received in the mail today my gift from my swap buddy!! It was fun to get a treat in the mail (ya know other than bills). Having been the 1st swap that I have participated in I wasn't sure what to expect. I was a little unsure of how to shop for someone I didn't know and in turn how would someone shop for me? Well my partner hit the jackpot! Somehow she channeled me quite well. I received packets for making veggie dips spinach, dill and Cajun. I am so making a Cajun cheese ball for Christmas Eve. To go with it there were some packets for hot chocolate, White Christmas and Gingerbread. Yum! My kids have been drinking it like crazy the last few weeks. Then I had this fun little box I am going to keep it all in. Also included was a fun plate, my cheese ball will sit quite nicely on and little serving knives with Christmas characters on the ends. I totally scored. Thank you N - http://muchmorethanamom.com and also thank you for hosting and organizing this little pre-Christmas event.

I am hoping that my swap partner likes her gifts I sent off. When I dropped it off last Friday it was about a 12 day delivery. So we're 4 days in and counting. (I still can't link, believe me I have tried) I will also post pictures as soon as I can A: find my cords to my camera B: can get my card made into a disc

7 comments:

chelle said...

Yay! I am glad the swap was a success for you! I can hardly wait to receive my package!

Susan said...

Ohhhh sounds yuummmmy!

Wendster said...

Hey! I'm just getting caught up. Your daughter is going to California and I am IN California ... so feel free to hit me up for tips and weather updates and etc. I am 20 minutes from Disneyland, an hour and a half from San Diego.
My tip: Give her a souvenir budget. Keep in mind that things at these parks are EXPENSIVE. Want a piece of fruit? That will be 3.00. Lol. I'm not kidding. Much. Crazy high prices. Best to pack some granola bars or something she likes to carry in in her back pack, because even though they say no outside food, they always let you bring little snacks in in your back pack when they search your pack.
When I took my kids to the East Coast I gave them each 100.00 for souvenirs. I advised them that that looked like 10.00 a day for the ten day trip. So they had the option of spending 10.00 each day, or just skipping shopping on some days and getting something really super on other days. That was, like, ten years ago. Nowadays I'd send more cash than that.
If you can spare it, 40.00 a day would allow her to buy one nice meal at a theme park, zoo, beach, and a good souvenir. Think 10.00 a meal. That's a good index.
Let me know if I can help in any way! Wendy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great swap and glad you enjoyed it so much! I'm sorry you still can't link. If you need any help, let me know!

Cheryl Wray said...

The swap sounds SO fun!!! Sounds like you got some great stuff!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked it! Thanks for participating! I'll tell you how to link with code if you want...just email me. FYI, blogger sucks butt. ;-)

Erin M said...

swaps are always so much fun!! i cant wait till my friends do our Valentines swap.