Thursday, December 6, 2007

It Was Good While It Lasted

Well the band trip is off. Yup after all the heart wrenching decision making to say yes. It has been cancelled. Lack of student participation and an increase in price did it in. So I can admit while part of me is sad for Morgyn and missing out on a great experience, the other part is relieved. My bad???

I also can stop and think hey this is only gr 8, there are many trips to come over the years right? So as a consolation her Dad who was saving money up for her too go is flying her home after Christmas for 9 days. I am green with envy. Why you ask? She will get to see her new little cousin, my new niece in person BEFORE ME!! Yep I'm bitter.




This is my new niece, Isrielle Jade born Nov 17/07. She was an itty little bit at 4lbs 8oz and 18 inches long.

Sigh, I want to be 13 again LOL ;-)

5 comments:

chelle said...

Sorry to read about the band trip, but you are right there will be many more trips to come. Lucky girl to go home and what a super Dad!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous baby!

Sorry to hear about the trip...

Anonymous said...

I'm sad for her that's it's cancelled- it would've been so much fun. But it does save you the worry...
Seeing new babies lately has been getting me thinking of having another!

Erin M said...

oh my such a tiny dainty thing!

I'd be secretly pleased the trip was canceled too.. I'm a grinch though *wink*

Anonymous said...

You can borrow my Christmas List, of course!