Monday, December 15, 2008

I've been lost

Lost in a world of Christmas decorating, shopping, baking, concerts, wrapping. The list never ends in December does it? We finally got our tree up last weekend. After we re-assembled and vacuumed our artificial tree (I wish we had taken a before and after picture as it really was a "Charlie Brown tree") we got to decorating. I love lights, the more the merrier in my eyes. So I'm on my side, Bruce is on his side and we are each doing our sides the way we like it. Bruce pushes his lights into the tree, I like mine near the end of the branches. Can you imagine how that looked?? LOL. Interesting! The kids just sat back, watched and laughed. There is nothing more relaxing to me that sitting in a room with just the tree lights on, I miss the real tree smell this year but the budget didn't allow for one.


This being the last week of school before Christmas Break we have concerts for Morgyn and Kamryn. Jillian has her "birthday" party at pre-school. Yup she's excited. This is Morgyns last concert, she has decided not to continue on in band next year. It makes her former band geek Momma kinda sad, but they grow up and make their decisions.

I dragged my poor husband to the mall on Saturday for 3 very long hours. It's a good thing he loves me, I pushed my limits after hour 3 LOL. This is always a hard time of the year for me as I miss my shopping buddy, it was always my BFF and I out there at the weird hours shopping for our families etc. It's when I miss her the most.


We did our Christmas cards a few weeks back, I usually just do the girls pictures. But this year Bruce and I joined in. We invited my Aunt over for a "photo shoot" and then I played with them on fhotoflexer. I love having a teenager who can show you how to do all these fun things. These were my favorites:

6 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Those are great photo's!

Brittany George said...

Those are some cute Christmas photo's you have! :)

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks great! I love your cards too. I hope you stay as unstressed as possible this holiday. I know how hard it is to get everything done!

Anonymous said...

awww your card pictures look fabulous!!!

And your tree!!!! Beautiful!

Linlee said...

Great job on the pictures! Your tree is so pretty. Our tree looks so funny this year because I had to put most of the ornaments out of the little one's reach! So I have a tree with nothing on the bottom branches...lol

Wendster said...

Oooooooooooooh Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah FABULOUS TREE! I love it. Gazing at tree lights is one of my fave's too.

You guys look so happy and merry in your photo. That's a super picture, girl!

Glad you put yourselves into it.

Merry merry Christmas, my friend!!!

Hey ... have you read the other Twilight Books yet? I am DYING to compare notes with you. I HAVE to find out if you loved them like I did.